Under this system, attacks have a -3 penalty at long range, and can't aim at a target beyond that. Heavier weapons carry a speed penalty.
- Pistol: 1d12, range 5/15, +2 to attack rolls within short range.
- Revolver: 2d6, range 5/14, on hit target medium or smaller creature is pushed 1 space.
- SMG: 1d6, range 4/12, may make extra attack with -3 penalty as move action.
- Rifle: 1d20, 9/22, +2 to attack rolls within long range. Speed -1.
- Shotgun: 2d8, range 5/10, on hit target medium or smaller creature is pushed 2 spaces, and large creature is pushed 1 space. Speed -1.
- Assault Rifle: 1d10, range 6/16, may make extra attack with -3 penalty as move action. Speed -1.
Each light firearm weapon can accept one modification, and each medium firearm can accept two. Redundant modifications are not allowed. I would encourage anybody using a version of these rules to devise more mods. Each "mod" changes the weapon or armor statistics, sometimes with an accompanying drawback.
- Scope: +1 to attack rolls at long range, +2 to long range.
- Bayonet - Medium weapons only. You threaten adjacent squares with a dagger attached to your weapon. -1 Short and long range.
- Extra Clip Capacity: You enjoy a +2 bonus to extra attacks or attacks of opportunity.
- Laser Sight: +1 to attacks
- Stock: +2 to short and long range.